Prep Time - 20 minutes
Cook Time - 55 minutes
Total Time - 75 minutes
Note: While this recipe does not include milk or cream, 1/2 cup of either can be added for extra creaminess.
1/2 lb. shrimp - shelled, deveined, and diced (leave 2 pieces whole for garnish)
8 Tbsp butter
1 Cup diced brown onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 orange, yellow, red or green peppers - sliced
2 - 12 oz. bags of cauliflower florets, washed
5 Cups seafood broth*
(Chicken broth or boullion powder can be substituted)
3 tbsp oil
Spicy Smoked Paprika - To Taste
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper - To Taste
21 Salute Seasoning - To Taste
Salt - to taste (optional)
Pinch of Dried or Fresh Dill - To Taste
Sour cream and more Spicy paprika for garnish, if desired
1. Wash cauliflower and pepper. Slice pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 425. In a medium bowl, mix oil, florets and pepper slices until thoroughly coated. Arrange
vegetables on a greased baking sheet, and roast in oven for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, rotate pan and
move vegetables around on sheet for even roasting.
3. In a skillet, melt butter and sautee onions and garlic with spices for for 4-5 minutes until the onion is soft and
translucent. In a separate skillet, sautee shrimp, and set aside.
4. In a 5 qt. sauce pan bring seafood broth to a boil. Add in sauteed and roasted vegetables. Stir contents,
cover and simmer over low-med heat for 15 minutes until ingredients are soft. Turn off heat.
5. Puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. If using a standing blender, let mixture stand for about 30
minutes, then puree until smooth. NOTE - with standing blender, be sure to temper blender container with
very hot water before adding hot contents.
6. Return to sauce pan, and stir in diced shrimp.
7. Put in bowls, top with sour cream and shrimp to garnish, if desired. Soup can be served hot or cold.