Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 35 minutes
Total Time - 50 minutes
Note: While this recipe does not include milk, sour cream or cream, but either can be added for extra creaminess. You can also add whatever spices you like; I listed mine below.
4 Tbsp butter
1 Cup chopped brown onion
1 chopped garlic clove (optional)
1/2 orange, red OR green peppers - chopped
6 med. zucchini, skin on and cut in large chunks
4 Cups water OR substitute chicken or vegetable broth
2 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder
Pinch of Dried or Fresh Dill - To Taste
Smoked Paprika - To Taste
Black Pepper - To Taste
21 Salute Seasoning - To Taste
Bacon pieces and Parmesan cheese for garnish, if desired
1. Chop onion, peppers, dill (if fresh) and garlic, and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a heavy 5-quart pot over medium heat. When butter slightly browns, add onions, garlic, peppers and spices, and sautee for 4-5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Next add zucchini, water or broth. Stir contents, cover pot, lower heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until zucchini is soft. Turn off heat.
3. Puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. If using a standing blender, let mixture stand for about 30 minutes, then puree until smooth. NOTE - if using standing blender be sure to temper blender container with very hot water before adding hot contents.
4. Put in bowls, top with Parmesan cheese and Bacon pieces to garnish, if desired. Soup can be served hot or cold.